Popular Hat Designs: Influenced by Culture and Style
If you are looking for a new hat, then there are many different popular hat designs that you can choose from that could suit your style. Here are a selection of hats from culture, which have influenced style and fashion in so many ways.
Examples of Popular Hat Designs
- A baseball cap is a very popular hat with young and old alike and indeed one of the most popular hat designs of the 20th century. It is a soft cap that has a rounded crown and a bill that is stiff that acts as an eyeshade and projects from the front. The front of the cap often has designs or logos of various types most notably sports teams or sports wear companies for example.
- Polo hats are defined as a type of baseball cap but they differ from the baseball cap because they have an unstructured front crown and have an adjustable buckle at the back. They tend to be constructed from different types of materials but the most common is a cotton twill blend fabric, and although made famous by polo sportsman they are very popular as casual wear today.
- A bucket hat otherwise known as a fishing hat or a beanie hat is a type of hat made from soft cotton that has a wide downward sloping brim to give shade to the face. The hat could be worn by both women and men for different purposes today, and is typically made from durable and hardwearing cotton fabric. It also has two (2) metal eyelets, which are often put either sides of the hat to keep the person cool on hot days.
- A Panama hat is quite a traditional style of hat which hails from Ecuador and is constructed from plaited leaves of the toquilla straw plant known as the Carludovica Palmata. Panama hats are one of the very popular hat designs among aristocratic men who wear them especially in the summer months.
- A Beret is a loose-fitting, brimless hat that is often constructed of felted wool or even hand-knitted. Modern designs of the beret are quite closely associated with those that come from the Basque region of northern Spain, but it has been used quite heavily in France particularly the early to mid 20th century and is extremely versatile in the way it can be used. It has been used quite recently in ladies fashion in particular.
- A Pork Pie hat is a hat made of felt and dates back to the 19th century. It has a flattened top and a short crown, which is characteristically indent around similar to a ‘pork pie’. The brim is generally quite small and is worn flipped up. They are often associated with jazz artists and have since proved one the most popular hat designs of 20th century culture and have been used in many other types of styles and cultures such as popular music and film.
With these various choices, you can then pick out the ones you prefer. Keep in mind these popular hat designs and chose which ones define your style and culture.